Should I study hard worker cooperatives or Russian literature?

Because apparently, I am only allowed to do one or the other, but not both.

For the last three months or so, I have been trying to read Anna Karenina as well as Making Mondragón (examining the famous Basque cooperative). I misplaced Anna Karenina, so I turned my attention to the other book. Then Mondragón went walkabout... and the next day I found Anna Karenina. I read it for a week or two, and then forgot it somewhere during a day's jaunt. Now I had neither… Except that, a couple of days later, Mondragón turned up again. I lost that again several weeks later and… You guessed it: Anna Karenina turned up very soon thereafter. This week, when I misplaced Tolstoy, I joked with my wife that now Mondragón would turn up. What days later, I picked up a bag I had not used in a couple of weeks, and there it was.

I guess if I need my copy of Anna Karenina back, I am going to have to deliberately misplace Mondragon.



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Well, that's taking all the fun out, isn't it? Aren't you curious to see how long this goes on for?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness