Very Good Marketing or Very Bad Marketing?

I was reading an article the other day, and suddenly I was stopped in my tracks by the fact that the ad in the left-hand column was pitching me... Oakeshott on Rome and America, by me!

On the one hand, this is sort of impressive... Amazon no doubt had noticed that I had bought many books on Oakeshott, Rome, and America, and decided this sort of thing might be right up my alley.

On the other hand, they had failed to notice that I am me, and was unlikely to need to buy a copy of my own book. I already know how it all comes out. (It was Iris Murdoch, in the pantry, with a fish.)

Comments

  1. It would have outsold the Bible by now if you had just used one of the titles I suggested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness