Why Does My Microwave...

emit a loud beep in response to every single interaction I have with it? It beeps when I press a number. Did the manufacturer suspect I might be sleep microwaving and need to be awakened? Then, it beeps when I press the next number one second later. Hey, maybe he's deeply asleep. It beeps four loud times when the cooking time is over. OK, perhaps once is called for -- but if I didn't hear the first, why would I hear the next three? Then, if I don't come get the food out right away, it beeps four times more a minute later, and a minute later...

The final insult is when I run to open the door just before the cooking time is up, in order to stop the beeping from waking people in the house up, it... beeps!

Thanks for letting me know I just opened the door.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness