Quotes from Einstein

Gmail sometimes puts up quotes and I couldn't help clicking on an Einstein one, which brought me to this list. He's actually cooler in his general worldview than I realized. (I already knew he was rather good on matters of physics.) Some gems:

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Force always attracts men of low morality.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!

I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:28 PM

    I like the one about prejudices being the accumulation of common sense obtained before 18...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness