Destiny Found

I was reading Umberto Eco, discussing how Borges had been an influence on him. He concluded talking about the differences between the two of them, declaring that the biggest is that while Borges was able "to use the most varied debris of the encyclopedia to make the music of ideas," Eco himself often feels as if he "blow[s] into an ocarina."

However, he ends on an optimistic note: "I hope that still someone will be found after my death who is even less skillful than me, soeone for whom I will be recognized as the precursor."

I have found my calling: the final destination in the decay of a literary heritage!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    "If I have seen far it is by clinging to the necktie's of giants."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Nice design of blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Thanks for article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Thanks for interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:45 AM

    Glad to read articles like this. Thanks to author!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:50 AM

    Very interesting article, I have long sought. It is in front of me. I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:29 AM

    Very interesting article, I have long sought. It is in front of me. I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:10 AM

    Hello! Interesting article, thanks to author!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness