Email Forwards

It seems to me that if the source of any piece of information is a cute email that has been forwarded to you and twenty of the sender's closest friends, then you can immediately regard this information as false. The more affirmations that "This really works!" the more likely it is not work. Case in point: Today my husband forwarded this email (that had been forwarded to him) to me.
If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone on your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button of your key fob (clicker), holding it near the phone on their end. Your car doors will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Could this really be true? If so, its great to know
Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk!).

Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out, and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!)

Mike's Note *

I locked the car had my youngest daughter call me while I was far away from the car. I clicked open into the phone and I could hear the car doors unlock through her cell phone.. My daughter confirmed that sure enough the doors opened.


So, I suggested to Bob that when he left work, he should call me on his cell, and I would aim my key fob into the microphone. It didn't work. Good thing he had his keys in his hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness